March 15th, 2021
What is a social media marketing specialist?
A social media marketing specialist has a role similar to a marketing professional, with responsibilities such as increasing brand awareness and promoting company products and services. How the roles differ is a social media marketing specialist focuses on social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, or Snapchat, as opposed to more traditional marketing platforms like television, radio, and print media. While many people know about the various social media platforms and even how to use them, a social media marketing specialist has the skills to use the platforms effectively. SocialOwl offers social media marketing resources, whether you are a business looking for social media management or a professional looking to get started in social media marketing.
Here are eight benefits of hiring a social media marketing specialist:
- You gain their specific skills and experience: Understanding social media marketing and using it effectively takes a special skill set. Social media specialists are responsible for your social media presence. While most people could find their way around most social media platforms, a social media strategist knows how to use that platform to your greatest advantage and has multi-platform experience. Getting the most out of Twitter requires a different strategy than Facebook or YouTube.
- Real-time results: Social media is fast-moving and responsive. You will see the benefits of a social media marketing strategy more quickly than some print marketing strategies. Having a dedicated social media marketer also means you have someone to stay on top of social media trends and who can spearhead content creation in a way that takes advantage of it.
- They bring a toolbox: A social media marketing specialist knows the best tools out there and how to use them to meet the needs of your business. Many tools have emerged on the market to get the most out of your social media platforms. From post scheduling and keyword analytics to mentions tracking and hashtag generation, the world of social media marketing has become increasingly sophisticated. It is indispensable to have a social media marketer who is multi-platform literate.
- Consumer data: One benefit to social media marketing is that it brings the business to where your potential consumers already are. By marketing to their social media profiles, you know who they are and what they are interested in. A social media marketing specialist has a deep understanding of the consumer profile using the data that comes out of the platform’s analytics. Leveraging this information can transform your marketing strategies into more specific and highly effective methods.
- Saves Time: Social media is a specialized method of marketing and needs focused attention. Knowing the analytics and being able to interpret insights for the best outcomes can take some time. Having a dedicated social media professional ensures that social media platforms have dedicated attention, keeping your business on top of the fast-moving, constantly changing social media landscape.
- Brand awareness and positive reputation: Social media platforms are likely the most accessible platforms for a potential consumer to get to know your company. As a business owner, you are acutely aware of the importance of both good and bad press. When someone has a good experience with your company, you want them to say something about it. Interaction with positive reviews is what adds a personal touch and authenticity to your brand. If someone has a bad experience with your company, you can be assured they will say something about it on social media. Timely and professional responses are what will build consumer confidence in your company. Having someone to track mentions, flag poor feedback, and mobilize a proper response will take that concern off your shoulders as a business owner.
- Increased interaction: Increased interaction goes hand in hand with brand awareness. Social media is a fantastic way to have people interacting with your brand and building a personal knowledge of it. The top social media platforms use sophisticated algorithms that prioritize similarly sophisticated content. Having a digital marketer craft social media posts and a unique posting schedule will prevent the account from appearing bot-like to the algorithms behind your favorite social media platforms. They function like a public relations manager, engaging the community in the comments section, handling negative feedback, and interacting with all shares, mentions, and networking resulting from a successful social media strategy.
- Consistency: One person dedicated to social media marketing strategy, brand aesthetic and tone, creates and maintains cohesive and consistent brand identity. This consistency is what helps build trust with your consumer base and to establish legitimacy. Social media is often the first place a customer goes to introduce themselves to a company. You want their first impression to be one of professionalism and relevance. They should think that investing in you and your services is a wise use of their money and time, but also know that you are a human being, not a computer-generated bot. Consistency in your social media is pivotal to achieving this kind of authenticity, and a social media strategist will have the time and attention to craft it.
Social media is crucial to any business that wants to grow its customer base, expand its reach, and build brand recognition. Want a piece of the social media marketing pie? Invest in becoming your city's social media marketing specialist through SocialOwl and help other businesses achieve their goals and unleash the power of their social media presence.
You don't have to let others languish in confusion over their social media presence. Hopefully, this article has helped you to see that a small investment can reap huge rewards.